Edited Interview with Terence Davies, hailed as Britain’s #1 film director, about his film “A Quiet Passion, ” a biopic on the life of Emily Dickinson.
Ekphrasis is an exciting program that invites Oxfordshire poets to respond to artwork in the internationally renowned Ashmolean Museum. Ekphrasis brings together talented poets from Oxfordshire’s many writing and publishing communities: The Poetry Society’s Oxford Stanza One and Stanza Two, Back Room Poets, the Oxford University Poetry Society, The Writers’ Greenhouse, 52, and Oxford University Press.
In April 2015 the program was handed to Jalina Mhyana, an Oxfordshire writer who contributed to the first curated reading series in 2012. Thanks to the Ashmolean’s support, Jalina has been able to implement many changes; the establishment of an online submissions manager, a Facebook presence, an audio archive of Ekphrasis poetry readings, a printed programme for readings, and publicity for individual poets through the Ashmolean’s social media platform.
Excerpts of my interview with late Weezer guitarist and outsider artist Mikey Welsh were reprinted in The Guardian.
Moderated a “Publishing Day” panel with agents and editors in cooperation with Florence Writers and Saint Mark’s Cultural Association. Florence, Italy; 2016.
Contributing Editor, The Sigh Press journal. Interviewed bestselling author Laura Fraser.
- Edited a speech and written appeal for the Aramaic Nation to deliver to the United Nations.
- Edited Rock Salt Plum Review – required reading for University of Maryland University College’s (UMUC’s) Women’s Studies course.
- Multiple Pushcart Prize nominee
- Editor and proofreader, Many of Them Magazine. According to its creators, Many of Them “offers a haven where fascinating people can gather and timeless themes be addressed.” Another Something wrote that, in addition to “being an elegantly designed publication, in everything one senses how deeply rooted the project is in the current creative culture with clear inspirations from music, cinema, and overall aesthetic trends, which are bound together in their beautiful stories.”
- COSMIC WONDER WITH KOGEI PUNKS SHA / edited a photojournal By Omizue Iwamino-kamito-mizu
- Interview with late Weezer guitarist and outsider artist Mikey Welsh in Rock Salt Plum Review, excerpted in The Guardian, The Hollywood Reporter, Weezerpedia, and many others.
- Journalist for the Herald Union newspaper in Germany – and AdvantiPro – for two years. My articles were printed in several English-language newspapers through AdvantiPro.
- A Touch of Calm Massage Therapy & Shiatzu School catalog
Jalina Mhyana and Sean Quinn collaborated on the layout, formatting, cover copy, and cover design of Mhyana’s 5th book, the lyrical prose memoir Dreaming in Night Vision.
Jalina Mhyana and Sean Quinn collaborated on the layout, formatting, cover copy, and cover design of Mhyana’s 4th book, the poetry book The Trauma Scope.
My second book The Wishing Bones won publication in the 2006 Pudding House Publications Poetry Contest. Finalists were chosen by publisher Jennifer Bosveld on the basis of their contribution to the literary arts and to the popular culture.” The book is held in the permanent collection of Brown University Library, SUNY/Buffalo Lockwood Library Special Collections, Poets House/NYC, and the Ohio State University Library special collections.
- Nominated a “Woman to Watch” by celebrated poet and novelist Rebecca Cook
Jalina Mhyana was founding editor of Rock Salt Plum Review and edited the Review for five years. In addition, she interviewed many award-winning poets.
- Interview with poet Li Young-Lee, excerpted in the New York State Writers’ Institute website and others.
- Interview with poet and Guggenheim Fellow / National Endowment for the Arts Fellow Kim Addonizio excerpted in Poetry for Students series by Gale Cengage Learning in cooperation with the American Library Association.
Perigee: Publication for the Arts
- Finalist in Perigee’s Poetry Contest judged by Judy Jordan, 2005 / judged one of the top 50 literary journals in the world
- “Poet of the Week” in Poetry Superhighway, 2006
- Over 120 publishing credits for poetry, prose, and essay